Featured Post

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

One-hundred-two years ago...

 In 1919 this book was a window on the world of early 20th century america unlike any other. It is freely available at several internet outlets. I provide it here for your reading pleasure. If you are not a rabid motorcycle enthusiast you may still enjoy the contents of this book. Do your eyes a favor and don't read it on a mobile device.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!

MORE About Me...

My dad called me Timbocephus from time to time when I was growing up. He was a Hank Williams fan at some point I believe.

Of course everyone recognizes the "Timbo" nickname. But going deeper into mid 20th century popular culture we find that Hank famously stuck the "Bocephus" moniker on his young son Hank Jr. There are several suggested sources for the "Bocephus" and you can find those on line very readily if you google it. Having said that, I like this one Best: The mysterious appelation that became part of American folklore in middle of the last century: Biblical/Latin Etymology: Some trace it back to a neoclassical blend of Beau (French for beautiful) and Cephas (the Aramaic name given to the Apostle Peter, meaning "stone"). [1] (https://gardenandgun.com/ask-gg-garden-thievery-and-the-birth-of-bocephus)

Post about Psalms 46:1