Thanks for nothing Adobe

Chromebook users, have you ever received an email with a link to this nonsense:

/https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

If you have, you are well aware that there is no option in the pull downs there for our computers. I could not let this pass without a comment. Typically, there is an attached PDF file which your chromebook will open just fine as is right out of the box. Worst case is the PDF could be password protected. The standard chromebook pdf handler even includes a password entry dialog handler which works just fine thank you very much. I hate getting spam from folks telling me to do things I don't really need to do.

Comments

Popular

About Me...

My dad called me Timbocephus from time to time when I was growing up. He was a Hank Williams fan at some point I believe.

    Of course everyone recognizes the "Timbo" nickname. But going deeper into mid 20th century popular culture we find that Hank famously stuck the "Bocephus" moniker on his young son Hank Jr. There are several suggested sources for the "Bocephus" name and you can find those on line very readily if you google it.

    Having said that, I like this one best: The mysterious appellation that became part of American folklore in middle of the 20th century: Biblical/Latin Etymology: Some trace it back to a neoclassical blend of Beau (French for beautiful) and Cephas (the Aramaic name given to the Apostle Peter, meaning "stone"). [1]  (https://gardenandgun.com/ask-gg-garden-thievery-and-the-birth-of-bocephus)

Check out my very first blog entry about Psalms 46:1