Pulseaudio gymnastics

My pulseaudio on my lubuntu 16.04 pooped out today and I could not select my output/input  destinations from my customary utility. Ergo, I could not skype effectively to my boss. Here is the concise fix for the problem copied from askubuntu.com thread...


Here is the text only if you want to cut and paste from here:

sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio
sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get autoremove
#reboot
telinit 6
rm -r ~/.pulse ~/.asound* ~/.pulse-cookie ~/.config/pulse
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio
sudo alsa force-reload
pavucontrol
 sudo vi /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf 
and set use-ipv6 to no:
[server]
use-ipv4=yes
use-ipv6=no

Comments

Popular

About Me...

My dad called me Timbocephus from time to time when I was growing up. He was a Hank Williams fan at some point I believe.

    Of course everyone recognizes the "Timbo" nickname. But going deeper into mid 20th century popular culture we find that Hank famously stuck the "Bocephus" moniker on his young son Hank Jr. There are several suggested sources for the "Bocephus" name and you can find those on line very readily if you google it.

    Having said that, I like this one best: The mysterious appellation that became part of American folklore in middle of the 20th century: Biblical/Latin Etymology: Some trace it back to a neoclassical blend of Beau (French for beautiful) and Cephas (the Aramaic name given to the Apostle Peter, meaning "stone"). [1]  (https://gardenandgun.com/ask-gg-garden-thievery-and-the-birth-of-bocephus)

Check out my very first blog entry about Psalms 46:1