Got my softsqueeze music player installed and integrated to my logitech media server this AM. This is a screen shot of the server in action playing thru the softsqueeze software and the speaker system on my ancient computer. I have 3,785 songs on it so far. Just converted a couple of old Willie Nelson vinyl's this morning. Still have a pretty substantial stack of old records to process though. Now I can listen to my collection while I process new records though making it considerably less monotonous to do.

The media server is written in perl and the player is written in java. So this is a real example of the "Synergy" you always hear tech company managers blathering on about all the time. In this case it is the synergy of the best of software worlds working hand in hand with what may be the worst of all possible worlds. I leave it to you to figure out which is which. :D

Comments

Popular

About Me...

My dad called me Timbocephus from time to time when I was growing up. He was a Hank Williams fan at some point I believe.

    Of course everyone recognizes the "Timbo" nickname. But going deeper into mid 20th century popular culture we find that Hank famously stuck the "Bocephus" moniker on his young son Hank Jr. There are several suggested sources for the "Bocephus" name and you can find those on line very readily if you google it.

    Having said that, I like this one best: The mysterious appellation that became part of American folklore in middle of the 20th century: Biblical/Latin Etymology: Some trace it back to a neoclassical blend of Beau (French for beautiful) and Cephas (the Aramaic name given to the Apostle Peter, meaning "stone"). [1]  (https://gardenandgun.com/ask-gg-garden-thievery-and-the-birth-of-bocephus)

Check out my very first blog entry about Psalms 46:1