Cool new (relatively) bootable media burning tool
Find a summary of my first experience with it today at...
Friday, November 25, 2016
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
- Got tired of fighting issues with my tiny 16GB SSD boot drive last week.
- Ordered a new 120GB from Best Buy on line and found these have dropped to less than $50 dollars since I upgraded my chromebook to one a couple of years ago.
- Came with today's mail. I whipped out the clonezilla stick and proceeded to clone the old drive content to the new drive.
- In no time at all I had my new boot drive up and running.
- Then I proceeded to copy the unused swap partition on it to the tail of the new unused space.
- Then I deleted: a) the original unused swap partition and b) the extended partition it was nested inside.
- Then I was able to expand my / filesystem to use nearly the entire 120GB free unused space.
- These last three steps were easily accomplished via gparted on the running new system.
- Now I can install all the tools I want and not have to worry about running out of software space.
- Here is the gparted screen of the new filesystems.