Featured Post

My favorite links (ranked)

#1  Linux laptop powertuning painlessly (almost) #2 hard-drive-recovery #3 Chromebook Specifications #4 Internet BMW riders   #5 Findagra...

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pulseaudio gymnastics

My pulseaudio on my lubuntu 16.04 pooped out today and I could not select my output/input  destinations from my customary utility. Ergo, I could not skype effectively to my boss. Here is the concise fix for the problem copied from askubuntu.com thread...


Here is the text only if you want to cut and paste from here:

sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio
sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get autoremove
#reboot
telinit 6
rm -r ~/.pulse ~/.asound* ~/.pulse-cookie ~/.config/pulse
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio
sudo alsa force-reload
pavucontrol
 sudo vi /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf 
and set use-ipv6 to no:
[server]
use-ipv4=yes
use-ipv6=no

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!